Currently semi-injured runner into awful music, unpopular politics, straight edge, veganism, scifi, motorsports, and internet memes. I smile often. This site is also where I can expand on my twitter posts.
Recovering runner, road bike n00b, Catholic, herbivore, dad. Into unpopular politics, current events, awful music #straightedge, scifi, & good natured ribbing!
So those are my last two twitter bios, I thought I’d do sort of FAQ (Paul Harvey rest of the story? Trivia?) for Twitter to help people who follow me. Not that I have thousands of followers but just thought maybe it might help you understand why I do what I do on this medium.
I used to run a lot before I got my knee injured, I am terrified of recovery, and so have been riding my bike a lot. I write about it here.
I don’t often write about politics, but if I do I write it here or here where I have been honored to join the wonderful folks at Misfits Politics.
- I don’t cuss in my tweets. I run a PG maybe PG13 account at the most, ok R at times, but no foul language! Perhaps adult themes?
- I don’t take it personally if someone unfollows. I know I say I post about those things above but sometimes I don’t. It’s cool! Follow who you want when you want. No big.
- I will follow (generally) if you ask me or if you and I engage in conversation.
- I don’t like following folks who RT a lot without adding in their own 2 cents. If a majority of your twitter offering is simply RTs, I don’t care if you are a vegan sxe Republican with free tickets to see Bolt Thrower overseas, it will drive me nuts! Note that I’m not asking you to change your tweeting style, I just won’t follow!
- I make a serious effort to be nice. If I am snarky, I try and be gentle about it. I am polite in face to face interactions, but also make jokes at my own expense, twitter is an extension of this.
- I have an “A List” of my favorite twitter folks, if you’d like to get higher visibility, ask!
- I love when bloggers update via twitter, love it. I don’t mind if you post about your blog entry twice! You are like a human RSS feed! Even if I don’t tweet you back I will read the entry, trust me.
- I make a concerted effort to read every tweet.
- I rarely, I mean RARELY tweet when I am angry, upset, annoyed etc. The majority of the times I am stoked, because, well – I am like that on this side of the keyboard.